The beginning of a New Year is the perfect time to enhance the flow of chi (life force or spiritual energy), and to create harmonious environments that support health, beckon wealth and invite happiness and positive vibes to your home for 2017!
If you haven’t applied Feng Shui principals to your house yet, let’s get started… But not only can this be used in your home or office, many leading developers take this philosophy quite seriously—there’ even Feng Shui Property Certification. Developers are using the practice to add value to a building for their client’s benefit, as well as their tenants and buyers.
For those unfamiliar to Feng Shui, this is Chinese philosophical system for arranging your surroundings in harmony and balance with the natural world around you. The words Feng Shui mean “wind and water”. Water represents wealth in Feng Shui. According to Feng Shui principles, it’s advantageous to place a water element such as a fountain near the entry of your home. It can be just inside or just outside, but the most important part is that the water should be flowing towards the center of your home. That means that the wealth has the opportunity to pour into your life!
Feng Shui Basics:
1. Clear Clutter Messy is the absolute worse. Dead or uncared-for clutter sap your home’s strength and block positive energy from entering. Even worse is clutter at the entrance or center of your home.
2. Fix or Toss Broken Things They’re impediments to vitality. Toss chipped plates and glasses and clothes with holes. Fix clogged drains and loose cabinets.
3. Clean the Windows and Oil the Doors In Feng Shui, the windows are the eyes of a home, and the front door is its mouth. Make sure that they open and close properly.
4. Keep Bathrooms Closed The idea is that the water goes out of the home here. Since water is related to wealth, you don’t want money being flushed away. It is recommended that you keep the toilet seat covers down and the bathroom door.
5. Do a space clearing- (clear negative energy) Our homes and environments retain the energetic imprints, so burn off the old
energy to welcome fresh and new “chi”. Tips: Burn palo santo, white sage or spray natural orange essential oil with water. White sage is for heavy duty space clearing. Orange oil is uplifting. Set an intention of bringing positive energy when you clear the energy.
6. Position your bedroom furniture In Feng Shui, the bed is the most important piece of furniture to position properly. The bed should be facing the door while not in line with the door while lying in bed. 7. Add positive/uplifting music. Sound is healing. Music is a powerful way to uplift the chi in any environment and can soothe stressful home or office situations.
8. Use the Bagua Map to arrange your home The Bagua Map is Feng Shui’s way of bringing the power of your Intention to your health, relationships, finances and more. It helps you bring good Chi (energy) to all of the important parts of your life. The following are especially helpful to unblock energy and balance a home or business. Stand inside your home with your back to the front door.* Look forward. The part of your home in the far left corner is the money sector; the far right corner is the relationship zone. You should place certain items in certain zones. Below is the Bagua Map for more details. This map applies not only to each floor of your home but also to each room.
9. Add accents to your sectors for good luck In the Money sector: Place fresh flowers or a jade plant here. This is also a good spot in which to keep cash or jewelry. In Relationship section: Place accessories in pairs (the best are love birds, butterflies or an image of two trees intertwined). If your living room is in this area, place a love seat, a pair of pillows, or two matching chairs here. Career: This area should be as well lit as possible. Hang a bright pendant or chandelier. Put something here that relates to your job. Knowledge: If you meditate, this is a great place for it. Family and health: It’s really important to keep this area clean.
Extra good vibes (Chi) accents: -Add healthy plants and flowers connect you with the natural world. -Add wind chimes into your environment. -Mirrors & Crystals can be used when there are structural flaws.